Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Asking Big

It's been awhile I know... Life has been busy to say the least. This morning on the way into my office I listened to a message that required me to take some time and blog. So here I am!  The question that was brought to my attention this morning was this, "What has Jesus done for you lately?" The question caused me to pause my podcast and think for a minute. What has Jesus done for me lately... I asked myself this question for what seemed like 30 minutes. Hmmmm, well He has blessed my family with a new home. He has given me great friends. These are the phrases that kept coming to mind. This is it! I said this to myself out loud. These are all great things, but they are not BIG things. None of these phrases represent how big Jesus is. In fact, they make Jesus look small and...well... meaningless. But Jesus is not small or meaningless. He is everything. He is the giver of Life. He is the meaning of life. He is the reason for my existence. He is my purpose in life. For Him I live! But what I seek Him for does not represent all that I believe. Therefore I must make a change...

This morning a lady came into our church office. She brought in some bottles of water for an organization that feeds homeless people. This lady came in with a smile and was obviously thinking of others. But unknown to the world, this lady has something going on in her life that would bring most of us to our knees. Her daughter has been and continues to battle cancer. Her 11 year old little girl is fighting a battle for her life and she is begging Jesus for a miracle. She is begging Jesus for something that only HE can do. A MIRACLE! Her request shows off the magnitude of the Jesus she believes in.

I want the world to know the power that dwells in my heart. Not a selfish power to be used at my disposal, but the power of Jesus that can change the world. In Acts 19:11 a story unfolds of some men who approach a man possessed by an evil spirit. They speak to the spirit, "I adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul proclaims." Their desire was for the spirit to obey them. After stating this the spirit speaks back to them, "Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?" After this question the spirit leaves the man and attacks the men sending them home naked and wounded...Yes! This is in the Bible... What speaks so loud in these verses is the question who are you? WHO AM I? Does satan know my name? Am I known for the faith and power that I have through Jesus?

I want to be known for the power that flows through me. I want satan to know my name and fear Jesus in me.  I want to be known for serving and believing in a BIG Jesus. I want to live a life that is solely trusting everyday for Jesus to come through. I want to be known for Asking Big things from a Big God expecting Him to do Big things...






No comments:

Post a Comment