Sunday, February 8, 2009

Why am I awake???

It is Sunday morning and my computer says that it is 4:19am. I feel as though God is keeping me awake. Why? I don't know. When I realized that I was not going to be able to fall back asleep I just got up and thought... Why not write a blog? So here I am! Yesterday was absolutly amazing! Jamie had my birthday all planned out for me. I mean the whole day! She woke me up with breakfast in bed. She made my favorite, Cinnamon Rolls. To this she tells me that throughout my day I will receive 25 gifts. Hint...I turned 25. The first gift was my birthday card, the second was the cinnamon rolls, and the third was a glass of milk. The glass of milk is pretty important to me because right now my doctor says I am not allowed to have it (long story). Anyways I was excited. So the gifts continued, but some of the gifts were more special than the others. Jamie had taken the time to write on these pieces of paper that she cut into hearts all the things she really loved about me. Wow! These truly made my day. Jamie put so much effort into making my Birthday amazing!
Suddenly....... I do feel as though I know why I am awake. When I woke up... I had God and His plans for Jamie and I on my mind. Last night Jamie and I were discussing my current situation in life and my frustrations with it. Regardless of who, what and when's, I felt like I was doing something wrong... So when I woke up this morning, God was saying to me..."Chris I have placed you exactly where I want you to be for now." I understood exactly what it meant.
I am having the hardest time being patient right now. I feel like God has given me a glimpse of my future but He is telling me "Not Now." It is hard to wait. It is hard to trust. But I know the outcome will be so much better if I wait and trust.
Everyday I have Air 1's verse of the day sent to my phone. Yesterday's verse was Isaiah 65:24 which states, "I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!" God is so Faithful. Yesterday that verse didn't mean much, but this morning it means so much! God knew exactly where my heart was and before I had the time to pray...He gave me the answer. Now this doesn't mean it is the answer I want, but I know it is what I need.
So I guess I will end this with...I found out why I was awake!!!

1 comment:

  1. And todays verse from Air1 was just as pointed!

    Bottom line...God Rocks!

    ReplyDelete