Thursday, February 19, 2009

I give you all of me for all you ARE...

Well as I write this God is continuing to speak to me in amazing ways. Its almost like the Bible has come alive. I have been studying this guy named Solomon in the Old Testament. He was the son of David. Long story short at the age of 20 he becomes the King of the nation of Israel. In 1 kings chapter 3 God appears to Solomon and ask him the most amazing question in the world. The God of the universe asks a fleshly man... "ask whatever you want me to give to you." Solomon at this moment in time could have asked for anything that he ever desired. He could have asked for money or power or even long life... but he doesn't ask for any of these things. No he simply states to God that he wants the wisdom to lead His people. Solomon told God, I give you all of me for all you ARE... This is the heart that I desire.
This week has been another tough week. Even though I am hearing God clearly, I still have to make the choice of whether or not I am going to act upon what I am learning. Every morning and about 100 times throughout the day I have to surrender everything I am and ask for everything God is. One of my professors this week gave my a quote that I am trying to live my life by. It goes like this, "You may never know that Jesus is all you need, until Jesus is all you have." I am trying my hardest to get to a place in my life where I am totally content with Jesus and Jesus alone. So many times my desires, even good desires, become my focus instead of Christ. I want to be at a place where I am okay if my desires are never fulfilled, because I know that Christ death on the cross was more than I'll ever deserve. 
 GOD I give you all of me for all you ARE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment